Who We Are
Bay Community Church was started in 1989. We are a family of people from various church and non-church backgrounds. We’re united around faith in Christ and a commitment to allowing the Bible to shape how we think and to direct how we live in our world. Bay is part of the Congregational Christian Churches in Canada.
Connect to God, Grow as Disciples, Serve with our Lives.
Connect. If you desire to begin a connection, a relationship with God, that is possible. Jesus Christ was a man of history who was also God in the flesh. Through his sacrificial death, he paid for our failures, and offers forgiveness. Through his literal resurrection from death, he offers us new life. You can begin a relationship with God by putting your trust in Christ as your forgiver, leader, and healer. If you’d like help considering or taking this step, just ask.
Grow. When you trust in Christ, your new life is like a sprout in the ground. Through God’s Word (the Bible), God’s Spirit (Holy Spirit) and God’s family (the church), you can grow. We encourage the spiritual habits of daily Bible reading and prayer, attending weekly worship services, and participation in a life group. In life groups we are learning to be a family of disciples on mission, building community, studying and applying the Scriptures to life, and loving our Valley in Jesus’ name. Ask us about joining a life group.
Serve. Jesus offered his life for the world. We want to help you grow in maturity so that, in gratitude to him, you can offer your life in service to God and others. You have God-given gifts, skills, and insights that can strengthen fellow believers and can help outsiders to see Jesus. There are as many opportunities to serve at Bay as there are different people. We can help you discover and develop latent gifts, and provide an environment and coaching to serve with your life. Are you doing your part? Contact us to find out where you could serve.
What We Believe
- We believe that the Bible, consisting of the Old and New Testaments, is the only divinely inspired and infallible revelation of God. It is our only written guide and final authority in matters pertaining to faith and life.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, His conception by the Holy Spirit, His birth by the Virgin Mary, His real but sinless humanity, His voluntary humiliation in life as the Man of Sorrows culminating in his substitutionary and atoning death as a sacrifice for sin, His bodily resurrection from the dead, His ascension into Heaven as the only and eternal mediator between God and man and His coming again in power and glory.
- We believe in the personality and deity of the Holy Spirit through Whom man is born again to saving repentance and faith, and by Whom the saints are sanctified and enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe that the salvation of man is solely by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, that the saved partake of eternal life now and will share in that glorious resurrection which is to come.
- We believe that man in consequence of the fall is utterly sinful and therefore lost, and the unsaved will be raised for final judgement.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all who truly believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, that is, the only Holy Universal Church, which is the body of Christ.